Thursday, September 24, 2009

re-purposed register

I love the look of old registers. Love, love, love them!! So when I found one for $10 at a consignment shop, I had to get it. It's one of the more plain-looking ones but I still had a bunch of ideas for how I could use it. I cleaned the cob-webs off of it and tried a bunch of stuff. What I finally decided was its best purpose was this:


I made the magnets, too. (I have duplicates for sale on etsy!) And all of the pictures are my nieces and nephews. I had a bunch of ideas but I was limited because the back of this has a reel with 5 slats to open and close. I had seen old registers re-purposed as magazine racks and they're really cute like that but it was impossible to do with this one. I think I'm going to have a new addiction when it comes to old registers!

13 comments:

  1. I must be totally out of it! I have never even heard of registers. That is so completely cute!! I love how it looks with all those adorable kids!!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a unique use for registers. We have an old house with a couple in them. Too bad we still need them. thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I would have never thought to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!!

    Love your entry way too!!

    Take care,
    Alyshia

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun we share a blog name lol. although your creative attempts are way better. I am now a follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! We recently bought an old house and the previous owners left the garage full of random items, including 8 very large old cast iron registers! I've been just waiting to figure out what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool idea, great job on the magnets too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love old registers too! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea! I have one just like that! hmmmm
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way cool. It looks great with the kids pictures on it. I'm having a giveaway this week if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo clever and WAY cool!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete