This is what it looks like now.
Luckily we haven't had to live with the 'before' image of the laundry room for long. A few years ago, we changed the layout when we were forced to get a new washer and dryer. The countertop is wood which we stained and poly-ed. It cleans up very nicely and I love the look of it. It's a budget-friendly way to go, too! We laid the wook floor and painted it. We also removed the cupboard doors and added some handmade corbels. We added a beadboard backsplash and under-cabinet roped lighting. That my shelf displays are always fresh and pleasing to the eye is important to me. These are some of the finishing touches:
I love jars and figuring out what to put in them. I covered these mini clothespins in pages from an old book. And added bingo numbers to the jars. An old letter from a relative to my grandma is rolled up in another jar.
|my first diy cement project (: A tea light candle holder.|