ordinary ranch laundry room gets makeover

Another post on what our home currently looks like. I'm still taking it just one post at a time and this time I'm concentrating on the laundry room. Our laundry room has changed pretty drastically in the 6.5 years we've owned our home.

This is what it looks like now.




This is what it looked like when we moved in... white marble flooring, a horrible layout, and old appliances.

Luckily we haven't had to live with the 'before' image of the laundry room for long. A few years ago, we changed the layout when we were forced to get a new washer and dryer.  The countertop is wood which we stained and poly-ed.  It cleans up very nicely and I love the look of it.  It's a budget-friendly way to go, too!  We laid the wook floor and painted it.  We also removed the cupboard doors and added some handmade corbels.  We added a beadboard backsplash and under-cabinet roped lighting.  That my shelf displays are always fresh and pleasing to the eye is important to me.  These are some of the finishing touches:
I love jars and figuring out what to put in them.  I covered these mini clothespins in pages from an old book.  And added bingo numbers to the jars.  An old letter from a relative to my grandma is rolled up in another jar.


My husband, the carpenter, needs pencils to be available where he can see them so that he remembers to grab one on the way out the door each morning and to return that pencil in the evening!
my first diy cement project (:  A tea light candle holder.

Comments