chalkboard paint projects

Don't you just love chalkboard paint? I know I do!! So here are a couple of projects that I did yesterday. This is a before picture of the first project:


I loved this little hook rack just the way it was but the yellow didn't really work well on my 'straw' colored kitchen wall. So I took the little emblem thing off and painted it with chalkboard paint. I kept the emblem thingy and I have a plan for it so stay tuned... But this is the finished product:



It holds me and my daughter's aprons - aren't they cute? And then I had this old window (which I love old windows!) that was in our bedroom and I decided to turn it into a weekly calender. I hate big old-fashioned calenders so I record everything in my little purse-sized planner. But I don't check it everyday. And being pregnant, I'm very forgetful so this is a great reminder of what I have going on week by week. Before and after:


I'm linking up to make your monday , diy show-off, and sys thursday

Comments

  1. I love it!! Great job on both of these projects!! You have definitely inspired me w the old window!!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the window transformation! GREAT IDEA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love a good chalkboard project! Thanks for (finally) finding my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you queen of chalkboard or what? The "kiss the cook" board was the perfect touch for that little area. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done! Great transformations. The aprons are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I love what you did to the window. I have a thing for windows too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I love what you did to the window. I have a thing for windows too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The menu is great! It's a great way to alleviate the million-dollar question "Mom, what's for dinner?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both look fantastic! I love the collage you did with the aprons and pics and the planner is to die for!! You have such a cute house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like how you used the window for the days of the week planner!

    The apron holder is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just saw your post on Just Something I Whipped Up Mondays. I love your use of the window in this project...I have a chalkboard that I record appts and such for each week hanging in my house, but it is just a plan chalkboard...doesn't even have a frame. I am definitely on the look out for an old window now. Thanks so for much for sharing your great idea

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these - especially the window pane - I have one of these that currently has a mirror but I've never really liked it. Thanks for the idea! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of these!! So cute. Chalkboard paint is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nicely done! Did you paint directly onto the window panes, or did you remove them?
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the hook rack I think I seriously have to make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love the window frame chalk board. I purchased 2 windows a couple of years back but have done nothing with them so far. We could really use a weekly calendar. What did you use for the chalkboard? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Juli

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so creative! I love the planner. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Window Menu Planner...Good.

    Red Bead board paneling...reeeeeeallly good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment